When you think your child is being bullied or being a bully, itâ€™s not an easy thing for a parent to deal with.Â How can you support and guide your child?Â What can be done to put a stop to it?Â Youâ€™d like to gain a better understanding of what youâ€™re dealing with and how to respond to it.
This course for parents offers no magic solutions but is designed to help parents become more aware of the issues involved in bullying and more able to offer helpful support to their children.
Topics will be explored in a personal way so that parents can become better equipped to deal with their own feelings and support their child in what he or she is going through:
- What is bullying?
- Bullying and information technology
- The impact of bullying on children
- Recognising the signs
- The importance of building self-esteem
- The nature of power â€“ its use and misuse
- Practical ways of helping the child
- Ways to lessen bullying in the community