Whether itâ€™s family planning, eating healthier, facing into the menopause or youâ€™re thinking that youâ€™re not the woman you feel you could be, you would like to explore the health issues that matter to you. Youâ€™re ready to share with others the trials and triumphs of living the life of a woman and to learn how you can improve your lot!
This course is for women who are interested in exploring together issues that are relevant to their lives and in particular to their physical and emotional health.
Topics will be determined by the needs of each group and will be explored through discussion, sharing of experiences, input from the tutor and practice in such things as relaxation techniques. The following are topics that may be included:
- Osteoporosis and its prevention
- Healthy eating, food and body image
- Mental and emotional health
- Assertiveness and health
- Cancer and prevention
- Heart disease and prevention
- Bereavement and loss
- Female cycles â€“ menstruation and the menopause
- Staying healthy
- Feelings, communication, sexuality and sexual health