The World We Experience
We see and value the human creativity and diversity that has shaped our society.
And we also see
- a way of relating that sometimes disconnects us from our deeper selves, each other, and the world we live in
- widespread social and economic injustice
- subtle and overt discrimination against those perceived as different
- and an overly consumerist way of life that is destructiveÂ to the natural world on which we depend.
In solidarity and partnership with others we seek to foster the well-being of people, families, communities and the wider world and to contribute to building a healthy, loving, socially just and sustainable way of living.
What is important to us
- A deeper awareness & knowledge of self
- An ability to listen deeply & to feel compassion
- A willingness to speak from the heart & to relate with love
- A concern for climate & social justice & an understanding of structural injustice
- A commitment to constructive action for a sustainable & socially just world
- A felt sense of our interconnection with each other & with the whole web of life
- A commitment to critical reflection, learning & constructive action
We are committed to cultivating in ourselves, and inspiring in others, the ability to be fully present, open and compassionate in the world
How we work
- We work with individuals, families, groups & organisations
- We support people, organisations & systems in learning & acting from deepening awareness
- We work in partnership with other organisations where possible
- We bring ourselves & our full presence to the work
- We start with people’s life experience and support them in building on it
- We use facilitative approaches to help people & groups to take constructive action
- We use active methods drawing on peoples experience & creative imagination
Building and maintaining supportive, non-judgemental and inclusive relationships is central to our work.